Keep in mind, this isn’t useful expression bingo. You probably won’t want to use all of them.
But most have been used, to great effect, by medics, Zendo sitters, and Rangers at some time.
- You took a drug. You meant to. It’s working. It will end.
- You will not die now (if they’re talking about fearing it, but probably don’t be the first to mention death. If they are *really* worried, take some vitals. It tends to reassuring to know they’ve been “assessed”)
- Let it run it’s course. Don’t fight it.
- Surrender to what is happening
- Let’s go for a walk
- You will come back to your unaltered self
- Use this as an opportunity to explore, you came here to experience something important, maybe this is it?
- You’re in a safe space.
- You feed your fear by trying to stop it.
- It’s OK to throw up, here’s a bucket
- I hear you.